Hiring Organization: Student Conservation Association
Job Closing Date: 30 June 2016
America's #1 youth conservation service organization, seeks a Project coordinator in our Arlington, VA Office. The Student Conservation Association (SCA), a national force of youth conservation volunteers, has an exciting opportunity in our Program Department. This position is temporary, full time, up to 18 months.
This position serves as the lead staff for a pilot program for SCA to provide turn-key conservation service crew opportunities for schools and youth serving organizations. Market, and coordinate conservation service crew expeditions to private schools, clubs and youth organizations.
- Sell Affinity group programs to partners across the US that cross multiple organization and agency regions.
- Develop relationships with independent schools and youth serving organizations, in order to provide SCA affinity crew opportunities to students.
- Operate a minimum of 10 affinity crews in summer 2017
- Develop, plan, budget, and conduct site visits to create new program in the field in order to ensure annual financial and programmatic goals for affinity crews.
- Attend and present at conferences and meetings to market SCA affinity crew opportunities
- Work with the program team and program quality to develop appropriate standards, recruit crew leaders, evaluation materials for participants and organizations
- Work with marketing to develop suitable affinity crew materials and digital media
- Track all opportunities, activities and events into SCA database system (Salesforce CRM)
- Attend meetings, workshops and conferences to sell SCA programs and resources.
- Conduct retention activities as assigned
- Collaborate with Program and Marketing departments to create uniform and informative marketing materials
- Other duties as assigned
- Meet individual annual revenue and program targets
- Communicate and track regional sales plan goals and objectives
- Regularly participation and collaboration in affinity crew and RK Mellon meetings
- Know and understand all SCA affinity group offerings, and how they are utilized by partners in the field.
- Maintain current knowledge of conservation (natural and cultural), environmental, and youth development issues important to key stakeholder groups within the region and nationally.
- Present a positive and professional image of SCA by modeling SCAs Operating Values and Leadership Behaviors, including giving superior customer service to partners, participants, alumni, and SCA departments/teams/offices.
- Complete accurate and timely data entry, timesheets and travel expense reports.
- Understand and model SCAs Operating Values and Leadership Behaviors
- Understand and abide by policies and guidelines in SCAs Staff Handbook
Experience and Skills:
- BA/BS degree in natural resources, public administration or similar field with 2 years related experience or 5 years of relevant program, government, or NGO experience.
- Demonstrated experience in marketing, sales, partnership and network development, with a variety of agencies, organizations and institutions.
- Ability to develop and manage extended networks and long term relationships with partners.
- Experience in customer cultivation, materials and marketing development and finalizing transactions.
- Demonstrated public speaking and presentation experience, skill and comfort.
- Knowledge of natural and cultural resource management issues and knowledge of client agency cultures a plus.
- Demonstrated experience in fast-paced environment and ability to work effectively under pressure.
- Strong organizational, communication and customer service skills necessary.
- Ability to work independently, demonstrate self-motivation and meet deadlines.
- Valid drivers license and motor vehicle record (MVR) that meets SCAs standards.
- Willingness to travel 1-2 times per month for multiple days.
- Passion for SCA mission
Health and Dental * Basic Life Insurance * Short Term Disability * Long Term Disability * Flexible Spending Account * 403(b) Savings Plan * Generous Paid Time Off * Community Service Leave * Casual Dress
SCA is an EOE dedicated to workforce diversity.
Student Conservation Association is a proud partner with AmeriCorps and encourages AmeriCorps, Peace Corps, or other national service alumni to apply for job opportunitiesÂ with SCA.
For more information about SCA and to reply, visit us atÂ http://thesca.atsondemand.com/