How to Become a MEES Faculty Member
Several steps must be taken to become a MEES faculty Member. If you are interested, please submit the Appointment Request Form (information regarding this is outlined below), email the MEES Office to be added to the Faculty e-mail listserv, and provide MEES with the appropriate "Faculty Directory Blurb" for the website (for ideas, please see the current Faculty Directory)
In order to become a member of the MEES Graduate Program faculty, the MEES Faculty Appointment Request Form must be submitted to the MEES Program Office, along with a current C.V. You can access the Appointment Request form by submitting it electronically using the link to the left or By printing the form from page 9 of the faculty handbook and submitting it to the MEES Prbgram Office. In doing so, you are agreeing to the terms stated below. Please contact the MEES office at email@example.com to be added to the MEES Faculty e-mail listserv.
Faculty Appointment Process and Responsibilities
1. Individuals will be appointed to the MEES Program Graduate Faculty for a five-year term based on:
- Their interest in participating and approval of their chairperson or director
- The appropriateness of their areas of research interest and evidence of current research activity and publication
- Their current appointment to a graduate faculty of an institution within the University System of Maryland
- A review by the MEES Program Committee, followed by official appointment by the MEES Director.
2. The benefits available to a MEES faculty member will be:
- The right to advise MEES students
3. Duties of a MEES faculty member will include
- Advising, and graduating, one or more MEES students during the faculty member's term
- Serving on committees for other MEES students as needed
- Agreeing to serve on MEES Program and AOS committees on a rotating basis.
- Teaching at least three graduate credits every other year, or equivalent parts thereof. This must be either a MEES course, or a MEES-relevant course in a department.
- Abiding by the policies of the MEES Program as established by the Program Committee.