The National Physical Laboratory in London (UK) is looking for a postdoctoral scientist to work on developing new instrumentation to understand sources of greenhouse gases on regional scales.
- A PhD in the physical sciences focusing on instrument/technique development
- Strong analytical skills and experience in programming for data analysis and/or instrument control
- Knowledge/academic background in atmospheric science would be advantageous
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- A willingness to travel for collaborative projects and meetings/conferences
This is a 2.5 year contract but with the possibility of extension. There will be opportunities to travel to conferences and meetings, and engage with a wide community of scientists in the UK and abroad. You may also be involved in projects of the wider group of ~25 scientists according to opportunities within the group and main project flexibility.
Closing date is 21st June
More detailed information and a link to the application can be found here: http://www.jobs.ac.uk/job/ANS660/higher-research-scientist-emissions-and-atmospheric-metrology-group/
Please contact Tim Arnold for further information (firstname.lastname@example.org)
Emissions and Atmospheric Metrology Group, Environment Division
National Physical Laboratory | Hampton Rd | Teddington | Middlesex | UK | TW11 0LW
t: 020 8943 8711