The Florida Keys Community College is seeking a Marine Science Faculty member. Below, and attached, is the job description and information on how to apply.
Position: Faculty, Marine Science
The Faculty, Marine Science position is a full-time, 10-month Faculty position. This position is an instructional position with duties and responsibilities which are established in accordance with State Board of Education Rules and Board of Trustee policies. Teaching assignments will focus on Marine Science courses including marine biology, fisheries, oceanography and especially aquaculture. Courses and hours will vary according to class schedules. Faculty maintains a 35 hour per week. This position reports to the Director, Marine Science and Technology.
ESSENTIAL JOB DUTIES:
1. Plans, organizes and instructs assigned courses to promote student success.
2. Maintains required office hours to provide assistance to students and communication with administration.
3. Responsible for evaluating student learning and objective achievement and providing feedback.
4. Selects appropriate materials and equipment for discipline or program use, and ensures proper care and safety in their use.
5. Organizes and supervises the marine science and aquaculture lab activities.
6. Assists with course and program development, including curriculum development and grant writing, recruiting and advising students, and implementing program objectives.
7. Assists in marine science research projects.
8. Adheres to and enforces the administrative policies and procedures of the College.
9. Works with other faculty to evaluate and revise existing courses and to develop new courses.
10. Assists in implementing College policies, objectives and functions in accordance with the College Mission Statement.
11. Participates and assists with SACS accreditation efforts as assigned by supervisor.
12. Responsible for keeping current in the discipline or program areas taught.
13. Participates in Institutional Planning and Budget process.
14. Participates in staff and committee work.
15. Attends College-wide academic and staff meetings and academic official functions.
16. Maintains good relationships with community agencies and groups and participates as appropriate.
17. Assists in all College recruitment & retention efforts as appropriate.
18. Attends spring Graduation/Commencement ceremony.
19. Additional duties as assigned.
(These essential job functions are not to be construed as a complete statement of all duties performed. Employees will be required to perform other job related marginal duties as required.)
KNOWLEDGE, ABILITIES AND SKILLS:
§ Doctorate preferred.
§ Master's degree in Marine Science or related field or Master's degree in any field with 18 graduate semester hours of prefix specific coursework in field required.
§ Three (3) years teaching experience at the community college level or higher is preferred.
§ Three (3) years work experience in field is preferred.
§ Understanding and commitment to Equal Access/Equal Opportunity.
§ Experience with or willingness to develop distance-learning classes.
§ Proven grant writing ability preferred.
§ Demonstrated Marine Science research experience preferred.
-Knowledge of and demonstrated ability in curriculum development..
-Ability to deliver high quality instruction in a range of marine science courses, especially within the discipline of marine aquaculture.
-Ability to commit to continued effort to stay current in program area.
-Knowledge of College mission, policies, procedures and services..
-Strong student orientation and ability to work with a diverse student population.
-Proficient in use of technology.
-Ability to manage programs and resources effectively.
-Ability to plan, budget, and evaluate marine science program activities, including education and research.
-Ability to relate successfully to faculty, staff, students and the community.
-Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
-Ability to handle multiple projects simultaneously.
LICENSES, CERTIFICATIONS OR REGISTRATIONS:
§ SCUBA certification required, AAUS preferred.
§ Works inside in an office environment, as well as occasional field work.
(Reasonable accommodations will be made for qualified individuals with a disability.)
SALARY: Level III(Mater's Highly Technical) - $54,825
Level II (Master's + 30 ) - $58,015
Level I(Doctorate) - $61,388
CLOSE DATE: Open Until Filled
TO APPLY: Submit all materials electronically to HR@fkcc.edu
Employment Consideration Requirement: Completed FKCC Application Form, Cover Letter, Resume, Official Post-Secondary Transcripts (Copies Acceptable, if applicable) and three letters of reference (signed).
Florida Keys Community College is an equal access/equal opportunity institution. Discrimination/harassment on the basis of color, race, ethnicity, genetic information, sexual orientation, religion, gender, age, national origin, marital status or disability in admission to, or employment in, its education programs or activities is prohibited. Please report any form of discrimination/harassment immediately to the College's Equity Coordinator, LaVonda Meunier, Office 1512, Human Resources, 5901College Road, Key West Florida 33040, (305) 809-3248<tel:%28305%29%20809-3248> or to the Office for Civil Rights of the U.S. Department of Education.
Director, Marine Sciences and Technology
Florida Keys Community College
5901 College Road
Key West, FL 33040